Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Favorite Photo


How many of us really enjoy getting their pictures taken? I don't think many women ever really love pictures of themselves, but every so often there is that one that we look at and go hmmm.....we'll maybe that's not so bad. That's how I felt when I went in to get my driver's license renewed.


Technically it expires on my birthday next February, but I just couldn't stand looking at the old photo. As I sat their waiting for my number to be called I kept staring at the old photo wondering who is that person. When they announced B262 I proudlyjumped off my seat and walked up to the counter ready to get rid of the old me.


The clerk looked at my license and then looked at me and asked if I'd ever had trouble using this, "sadly no" I said. Surprisingly nobody every questioned if it was me so I guess they could see some resemblance of the old me in there somewhere. He then proceeded to ask all the standard questions including the dreaded, "what is your weight"? I was ready to tell the truth, no more lying, fibbing, of fudging of the truth. The clerk as and I proudly told the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. However, it's between me and Gasper, the clerk.


No comments: